It’s the season of spider webs, pumpkins, customers and reasons to party. Take a few tips from real estate companies who dress up their show homes for Halloween. If you want your next Halloween party to be more sophisticated than mishmash, here are some way to create like you’re a pro.
1. First, you need to decide if it will be a costume party or just a “come as you are” party.
2. Unexpected color palettes. Everyone knows that black is the Halloween color, but black is so boring. Check out purples (dark and scary), reds (blood-colored) and whites (contrast).
3. Candy is a must at your Halloween party, but find appetizers that keep your guests talking. Style meats and cheeses, fruits and crackers like a boutique eatery and serve them on spooky, but stylish platters.
4. You must have a bar cart at your party. Serve up fun cocktails and add Halloween décor. Make sure the cocktails are unusual and spooky like a Black Magic Halloween Cocktail made with orange juice black vodka, and triple sec.
5. Don’t forget your favorites like toffee or candy apples that you label as poison. Dip them in caramel or candy dyed black. It will shock your friends.
6. Add metallic in your décor wherever possible. If you are showing off your home, use the awesome light fixtures found at the real estate company to show your style.
7. Limit your light sources. Make your atmosphere spooky with lit (safe) candles or dim lights. Use non-traditional or antique-style candlestick holders.
8. Let your food add to your Halloween fun. Bake a festive cake and frost it with marshmallow cobwebs. Decorate with one scary spider.
9. Carve a white pumpkin and use it as an ice bucket.
10. Use antiques for atmosphere. Old clocks, masks, and candle holders make a statement. Scatter them around flower arrangements at the dinner table.
11. Personalize your table with creative plates. You can purchase paper products at a party story. Mix and match for a sophisticated message.
12. Music is a must. “Love Potion #9”, “I Put a Spell on You”, “Witchcraft”, “Abracadabra” is just a small sampling of what you can do with music. Keep in in the background to create the mood. You might try something different in the way of music. Burt Bacharach’s Toledo or Elvis Costello and their songs about lost love and regret might keep your guests thinking.
13. Try having a Casino Halloween Party. This is a great way to entertain your ghoul friends. Play for fun with black and orange chips, here are a couple games to consider Texas Hold’em, Blackjack or Craps.
Did you know that an awesome place to get Halloween party and decoration ideas is your local real estate office? These professionals know how to style home for selling, and they often use holidays as inspiration. Nothing creates an atmosphere like holiday decorations – especially Halloween. Coldwell Bank Chicora Advantage in the Carolinas has agents that are ready and willing to take you to homes that have that special Halloween feeling. Take advantage of their expertise, call them today, and find the perfect Halloween house for your most awesome Halloween party ever. Perhaps in your new Myrtle Beach home.